Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It is carnival!

I am sitting here listening to a fellow at the Berkman’s fellow hour talking about how much people knows and understand on politics and how the Internet and “new media” can contribute to that and I could not stop thinking of the Brazilian most popular party – the Carnival!

Yes, it is carnival week and I miss my country! I am very happy that some of you will be there with us, but probably just for the “hang over” period after Carnival. I promises you will have some Carnival music at our barbecue and wedding party!

In any case, the point here is the Brazilian Carnival is all about politics and it demonstrates how the population see and digest information on politics.

As always, the Brazilian Carnival is covered with national and international political discussion. This year was the time for Obama! Thousands of masks were made and bought.

But the most fun of all was the picture of the Carnival queen. Scroll a little down and you will see it. In a very small and well shaped space, she could express imperialism, environmental problems and hope! And here I end this post, with hope! Enjoy and see you soon.





No comments: